Knit! Dive!

I knit. And I scuba dive. So... Yeah.

20 January 2006

Secret Pal Questionnaire

shelby wanted me to post this so my sp could see it. I guess it got pushed back in to the archives. here you go! Originally posted a couple of weeks ago


1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

Not really. The good stuff is nice, but I don't have an aversion to the inexpensive stuff.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Nope.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have the Denise kit, so that's covered, and I use a toiletries bag from Target for the rest. It has these cool little holders, just the right size for DPNs. The rest go wherever I can fit them.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for a year. I think the skill level thing is relative, but for reference, I just finished Rogue, which is marked as Expert with Advanced Cables.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Ylang Ylang, Lavender.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Not really. Candy should be sugar free - I'm on a diet.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Knitting is it, for now.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

alternative, and celtic. And some country. And folk.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite colors are red and blue. I also like the earthy greens and browns. I really don't like pink, and orange isn't at the top of my list. I don't like a lot of highly variegated or loud colors. Solids and long color runs are my favorites.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married, no kids. I have two cats.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I like scarves, but I don't have a lot of opportunity to wear them, or hats and mittens. No ponchos.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Favorite? You want me to choose? I haven't had the chance to use a lot different stuff, so I don't have much of an opinion there.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Anything that can't be frogged. A lot.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks. I like scarves, but don't get to wear them much. I really just like to knit.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Socks. Between other projects. I just finished Rogue, and the next thing will probably be a shrug. I might knit up a scarf this afternoon from some gifted yarn.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Sure.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Yes. I prefer aluminum to knit with, but I'm starting an exotic wood needle collection. Plastic is good for straights.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I have a ballwinder, but no swift, yet. I plan to get a swift in the next couple of weeks.

22. How did you learn to knit?

Knitting for Dummies, SnB, knittinghelp.com

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

A couple of days.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

That's a hard one. Let's go with cats.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

That's a tie - Christmas and my birthday.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Exotic wood knitting needles.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Vogue Stitchionary, Knitting Vintage Socks, the Cat Bordhi Moebius books.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Not right now.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. 8.75 in long, 8.5 in around at ball of foot

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

November 26