Knit! Dive!

I knit. And I scuba dive. So... Yeah.

14 January 2006

Santa Fe Saturday

The smog was really bad in Albuquerque today, so we went up to Santa Fe. We had plans to meet a friend from Los Alamos for dinner, but we left here after lunch.
I mailed off the first SP7 gift today. She should get it Tuesday or Wednesday.
Then we went to Trader Joe's and picked up a couple of bottles of two buck Chuck - chardonnay. It was really neat, but we didn't stay long - it was also quite crowded.
We tried to find a store called Wet Pets, but apparently it has closed since we were there last.
Then we went to the Needle's Eye - a LYS. They didn't have a lot of yarn, but it was nice. I picked up a couple of balls of Encore for a layette (5 hour baby sweater and matching booties and hat). I also got the buttons for the sweater and some chibi needles.
The last stop was Borders. I got the Yarn Harlot's first book, a sudoku book, SBD 30 minute cookbook, and something for SP.
We had dinner at Il Vicino (leftovers for lunch) and dessert at Cold Stone.
It was a good day. It was nice to get out of the smog. I don't understand how people in LA can take it! There's still some smog, but hopefully a front will come through and get rid of it. Los Lunas is outside of the "bowl" so we shouldn't have the same inversion issues as we do here in Albuquerque.
Back to the shrug!