Knit! Dive!

I knit. And I scuba dive. So... Yeah.

25 January 2006

My job sucks

Am I some sort of horrible person? Is there a reason that no one ever gives me any work to do? Or that when they do, even if I am doing a good job, they have something to say.
For example, I've been sick a lot this week. I went in Tuesday morning and this morning. Manager had asked me to stop to by and check in. He asked me if I was "doing alright." I said I was not feeling well, and that I had some sort of cold. The he was like, "So you're doing ok?" What was that about?
And then, he asks, "Did (P) give you any expectation of the amount of time you would be working on his project?" I said that his samples were difficult to prepare and that's where most of the time was spent.
I should have stayed to finish this little chat, but husband was on his way to pick me up and I was feeling really bad. So now he wants to talk to me when I'm back. What the hell?
So I have some sort of cold, and my chest is seriously acting up. Now the chest pain just makes everything feel worse. So when I'm sick, I feel worse. When I'm upset, I get more upset.
So do I go to work tomorrow, and know that I'm going to be upset and probably end up in tears, or do I stay home sick, like I should.
I am still sick, and I am still in a lot of pain. I go back to the doctor Friday, and hopefully, this time, they will have answers, and a way to make the pain go away, or at least be manageable.
I would quit, but I have to stay on until we close on the house. Anybody have a job opening in Albuquerque? I don't need to make a lot. And it doesn't have to be remotely technical.
Any way. That was kind of a downer.
So some knitting.
Since I haven't been at work, I've been otherwise busy. I finished my jaywalkers. I whipped up some handwarmers for husband when he's at the computer. I also knit up a scarf for Red Scarf Project. I did 5 hour Baby Sweater for Brian and Monica's protohuman. It really did take 5 hours, but it does need buttons.
What am I working on now? Bell sleeve shrug, convertible mittens.
I need to add some length to the legs of husband's socks. I'll get to that sooner or later.
I ordered a ton of Cotton Fleece in Raging Purple from WEBS last night for Eris. Is there an Eris Olympic Knitting Team yet? Maybe I'll start one.