Knit! Dive!

I knit. And I scuba dive. So... Yeah.

07 November 2005

Urban Neccessities, September 2005




I used this pattern from MagKnits. I really enjoyed working up this pattern. It is very well written. I used Wave, a blend of 75% wool, 25% silk. Nice and soft. A little fuzzy, and a little slubby. And it only took two balls, about 250 yds. I have requests for two more pair. Of course, now that I have them finished, it's warming up again. But not for long! Winter is coming!
A couple of minor issues - when the pattern was posted, the cable chart was forgotten. I emailed the designer. She quickly sent me the chart by email. Of course, the magazine website hasn't been updated. But that's not rare. Often these magazines are run by one or two people, who have day jobs. Another tiny error - in the instructions for casting on for the mitten cap, it says to cast on 22 for a medium, when it should be 24. I would give this pattern a 7 if I had paid for it, but a 10, since it's free! I haven't made the matching tam. I just don't see myself wearing that style of hat.