Knit! Dive!

I knit. And I scuba dive. So... Yeah.

05 October 2005

And you thought Tulula was bad...

Yes it's already all over the web, but we have another celebrity baby naming mishap - That's right, Nicolas Cage (a presentable name) has named his child Kal-El Coppola Cage. Now, it's important that the child's middle name is Coppola. Why? Because Francis Ford Coppola was nuts, and that's what this child will be with a name like that. Unless he sues his parents to rename him, say Clark Kent Cage. Wouldn't that be lovely. Now, I don't have children, but I know how hard it can be to come up with a name. But Smallville? I love the show, and naming a kid Clark, Lois, Lana, or Chloe, or even Lex isn't that bad. But Kal-El? That's just child abuse or something.
In other news, today was the three year wedding anniversary. We went to Seasons, here in Albuquerque. It was great, as usual. Of course, it's a special treat. Budget-wise, and weight-wise, we can't exactly afford to make this a regular occurance.
A weight loss update - I have now lost 35 pounds since January!
I was watching the news last night, when they started talking about the Smolensky family from Waveland. I thought, I know someone with that last name. And she's from Waveland. Now, I have never met her parents, but as soon as I saw her mother I knew who it was. So I went online, and there she is, with a blog on MSDN. Thankfully, her family is safe and sound, although the town of Waveland was destroyed.
The whole Katrina/Rita news coverage pisses me off. New Orleans this, Houston that, but when you look at it, you realize that they didn't get it as bad as some other towns. Yes, it was bad, and I don't begrudge that, but it was bad in Waveland, Pass Christian, and other small towns along the coast. My grandparents live all the way in Pascagoula, and they lost their house. That area barely got mentioned.
That's it for now from New Mexico
Beth